Advertising Terms and Conditions
Definitions and Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
1. Grassroots Recruitment Limited (“Grassroots”) accepts publication of Advertisements (as defined below) on the terms and conditions set out herein (“Terms”).
2. These Terms apply to:
- online advertisements “Advertisements” on www.stockport-jobsmatch.co.uk (the “Website”)
3. By placing an order, the “Advertiser” (which is the person bidding for or placing the order for the Advertisement whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms in full.
Content and Delivery of Advertisements
4. Grassroots may, without any responsibility to the Advertiser, reject, cancel or require any Advertisement to be amended that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms and remove, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement.
5. The publication of an Advertisement by Grassroots does not mean that Grassroots accepts the Advertisement has been provided in accordance with these Terms or that Grassroots has waived its rights under these Terms.
6. The Advertiser guarantees to Grassroots that:
- any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading;
- it has obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in any Advertisement;
- the Advertisements are legal, decent, honest and truthful, are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice (including the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (the “CAP Code”) and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority and/or the Office of Fair Trading), are not libellous or obscene and do not infringe the rights of any person (including any person’s intellectual property rights);
- the Advertisement will not be prejudicial to the image or reputation of Grassroots or the Stockport Jobs Match Website, and will not contain anything with Grassroots in good faith considers to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
- all digital Advertisements submitted for publication online will be free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, and no Advertisement will cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website; and
- all digital Advertisements comply with (i) the the standards for online advertising published by the Coalition for Better Ads (https://www.betterads.org); and (ii) the “L.E.A.N.” best practice principles for online advertising standards published by the IAB UK, each as may be updated from time to time.
7. Where the Advertiser is an advertising agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser of a product or service to place the Advertisement with Grassroots and the Advertiser will compensate Grassroots for any claim made by such advertiser against Grassroots.
8. Grassroots agrees that all Advertisements will be targeted at individuals in the UK unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties at the time of booking.
11. Grassroots will only use any Advertiser Data solely in relation to the Advertiser’s particular advertising campaign. All such Advertiser Data collected by Grassroots will be treated as the confidential information of the Advertiser and will not be disclosed by Grassroots to any third party (other than Grassroots’ service providers for the purpose of Grassroots complying with its obligations under these Terms) without the consent of the Advertiser. In no event will any Advertiser Data be combined with information collected from other sources, except where the Advertiser has agreed otherwise.
11. Grassroots will implement its default brand safety measures in respect of the sites on which Advertisements booked will appear. Grassroots makes no guarantees regarding the quality and/or suitability of any sites on which Advertisements appear.
12. If an Advertisement booked is published on a site which the Advertiser reasonably believes to be unsuitable or an Advertisement appears on the Website in a manner which the Advertiser reasonably believes to be unsuitable, the Advertiser may notify Grassroots and Grassroots will, as the Advertiser’s sole remedy, use reasonable endeavours to remove the Advertisement from the site and/or the Website (as applicable) within 24 hours, where entirely within Grassroots’ control.
Liability of Grassroots
13. Grassroots accepts no responsibility for any interruption or delay the Advertiser experiences in delivering any Advertisement copy to Grassroots or any loss or damage to any Advertisement copy or any other materials. The Advertiser guarantees that it has retained sufficient quality and quantity of all materials supplied to Grassroots.
14. Grassroots shall use its reasonable endeavours to reproduce Advertisements as provided by the Advertiser but cannot guarantee that the Advertisement will be of the same quality.
15. Grassroots will not be responsible for any additions to, changes in, deletions from, delays in publication or withdrawal of any Advertisements required by any authority having responsibility for the regulation of online or press advertising (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
16. Grassroots cannot guarantee the time, dates and/or position of Advertisements and all such decisions will be at the sole discretion of Grassroots. However, Grassroots will use reasonable efforts to comply with the wishes of the Advertiser.
17. If a booked Advertisement is not published at all solely due to a mistake on Grassroots’ part, Grassroots will try to offer an alternative publication date(s). If the alternative date(s) is not accepted, the original booking will be cancelled. This shall be the Advertiser’s sole remedy for failure to publish the advertisement.
18. If the Advertisement as reproduced by Grassroots contains a substantial error solely due to a mistake on Grassroots’ part, Grassroots shall, on request, re-publish the Advertisement at no additional cost to the Advertiser. Grassroots shall not be responsible for repetition of errors and it is the Advertiser’s responsibility to inform Grassroots of any errors and provide any necessary assistance to Grassroots to prevent a repeat of the error.
19. Grassroots shall not be responsible, under any circumstances, for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated saving, loss of revenue and/or any other loss which happens as a side effect of the main loss suffered by the Advertiser or any loss which could not be contemplated by Grassroots and the Advertiser, and Grassroots’ maximum total liability for any loss or damage arising out of or in relation to any Advertisement whether in contract, tort or otherwise shall not exceed the total amount of the charges for the relevant Advertisement actually paid by or on behalf of the Advertiser.
20. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, Grassroots does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access by users of the Website but will use reasonable efforts to provide this. In addition, Grassroots will not be responsible for any failure or delay affecting the transmission of the Website and any Advertisements contained in them, in any manner where such failure or delay results from any act, omission, interruption, fault or other condition beyond the reasonable control of Grassroots.
21. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude Grassroots’ responsibility for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence, fraud or any other liability that cannot be excluded.
22. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of an Advertiser who is a consumer.
Liability of the Advertiser
23. The Advertiser will fully indemnify Grassroots from all investigations, claims, fines, losses, damages, costs (including reasonable legal fees) expenses and liabilities arising as a result of any breach or failure to comply with any of these Terms and/or the use or publication of the Advertisement by Grassroots in accordance with these Terms.
24. Grassroots owns the copyright in all Advertisements written or designed by it or on its behalf.
25. The Advertiser grants Grassroots the right (free of charge) to:
- use such of the Advertiser’s names, trade marks and/or logos as Grassroots may consider necessary for the purposes of publishing the Advertisements;
- reproduce the Advertisement at any time from the date the Advertisement was last published on the Stockport Jobs Match website for promotional purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the content, layout and format of any Website will be subject to variation at Grassroots’ sole discretion.
26. The cancellation period for an Advertisement varies according to the publication. The Advertiser may cancel an Advertisement provided that notice in writing is received by Grassroots within the relevant cancellation period. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, the minimum notice period for cancellation by the Advertiser is 7 days unless agreed otherwise. Please send notice of your intention to cancel to the person who made your booking. Cancellation will only be effective on confirmation of receipt of your notice.
27. If the Advertiser is insolvent or bankrupt or is otherwise in breach of these Terms, GNM may treat the order as cancelled.
28. A person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights to rely upon or enforce any of these Terms.
29. If Grassroots fails or delays in exercising its rights or remedies provided by these Terms, it shall not be deemed to have waived that or any other right or remedy under these Terms.
30. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a relationship of principal and agent, a partnership, joint-venture, or co-ownership. Neither party shall have the authority to act for, bind or otherwise create or assume any obligation on behalf of the other, and neither party shall hold itself out as having authority to do the same.
31. These Terms are the entire agreement between the Advertiser and Grassroots in respect of the Advertisements and no modification to these Terms will be effective unless made in writing and signed by both Grassroots and the Advertiser.
32. These Terms and any documents referred to and therefore incorporated by reference herein shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the Advertiser purports to apply to the purchase of Advertisements (including, without limitation, terms in any insertion or purchase order, e-mail, acknowledgement or click through agreement). To the maximum extent permitted by law, other than as set out in these Terms, all warranties and representations, whether express or implied, are excluded.
33. Subject to clause 22, these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them) shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them).