We are currently recruiting for our fun and interactive, online EPEC Parent Group Leader training course, currently delivered online, over 10 weeks. The course equips local parents to facilitate parenting courses in their own communities, with continued support from specialist EPEC Supervisors – an amazing opportunity for local parents! We are also able to fund childcare during training and when delivering the courses (to be pre-arranged). On successful completion of the training, Parent Group Leaders have access to other training and development opportunities too, for example, safeguarding, restorative practice etc through ourselves or partner organisations – an amazing opportunity for local parents who have a few hours spare each week to volunteer with us!Stockport Empowering Parents Empowering Communities (EPEC) is a successful, popular, parenting programme delivered by parents who live in their own community.
What does Stockport EPEC offer?
Stockport EPEC offers a mixture of workshops and courses, virtual and face to face, helping parents to learn practical communication skills for everyday life and bring up confident, happy and co-operative children.
What do EPEC courses cover?
• Being good enough
• Play / spending time with your children
• Understanding children’s behaviour
• Discipline strategies
• Listening and communication
• Coping with stress
What types of EPEC courses are there in Stockport?
There are three EPEC parenting courses:
- Being a Parent - for parents / carers of children aged 2 - 11 years
- Living with Teenagers - for parents / carers of adolescents aged 11 - 16 years
- Being a Parent Together - for parents / carers of children aged 2 - 11 years who attend together whether living together / in a relationship or not
If you are interested and would like to know more, contact us on 0161 406 9558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.