About the Role
The Activities Co-ordinator is part of the caring team and as such works with other staff to care for the Service Users in the Home. The person appointed to the post will be expected to have an understanding of and sympathy with elderly people.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Arrange entertainment and maintain appropriate documentation in line with the monthly activities budget.
- Organise in-house and other events such as Christmas parties, Easter raffles, Summer fares and bonfire parties. Ensure that adequate supplies are purchased for the events whilst still working within the set budget.
- Organise outings for the Service Users and escort when necessary, ensuring the appropriate staffing levels, transport and venues are taken into consideration.
- Encourage Service Users to participate in the daily activities.
- Assist in completing a profile of each individual Service User’s preferences to different activities and document in care plans.
- Liaise with the Person in Charge with respect to the Service Users’ individual abilities on a regular basis.
- Work to the appropriate Codes of Practice
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox – a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
Carmel Lodge is located on the edge of Poynton and is convenient for anyone travelling by car. The M60 motorway and the A34 provides easy access to those visitors who have to travel some distance. Local shops, library, hairdressers, surgery, pharmacy and public house are all within short walking distance. This privately owned home was purpose built in 2006 and offers residential dementia care for 36 residents. All bedrooms are single with en-suite facilities. Each floor has assisted showers and bathrooms. All rooms are fully carpeted and decorated to a high standard. Each room contains a television point, nurse call system, telephone point, fire detection, bed, wardrobe, arm chair, chest of drawers, central heating with thermostatic controls and safety guards. Residents can enjoy the well maintained garden with a large patio area, as well as the landscaped gardens and conservatory. Parking is available for 12 cars.
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We’re an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group