Education - School
School Support Staff
St Mary's RC Primary, Stockport
St. Mary’s RC Primary School
Roman Road, Stockport, SK4 1RF
Tel: 0161 480 5319
Headteacher: Mr P Towey
SCALE 2 or 3 depending on experience
30 hours per week
(Term Time Only)
Salary: From £18562 pro rata
Required for June 2021
The Governor’s at St Mary’s wish to appoint a motivated administration assistant to work in our very busy office.
Being the smallest school in Stockport we have to be creative and resourceful in order to support the needs of our children but we do this well and have high parent satisfaction levels. We are situated in an area of high deprivation with 61% of our pupils on Free School Meals with many working families facing financial, social and emotional challenges as a result of the pandemic. The St Mary’s staff team is always on hand to support pupils, parents, carers and each other.
If you have strong administrative, communication and IT skills, with a desire to make a difference to our children, staff and families then we would welcome your application.
We can offer:
• A strong Catholic ethos, with supportive governors and parents
• A positive and friendly staff.
• A supportive environment which focuses on providing outstandingly good care, guidance and support for all our children, which contributes to their enjoyment of learning and excellent progress.
· A permanent position with opportunity for advancement
· An opportunity to get involved on most aspects of running the office as we are a very small team
We are looking for someone who
• Can support our Catholic ethos and vision
• Is able to work effectively as part of a team
• Sets high standards for themselves
• Is enthusiastic and dedicated.
• preferably has experience working in a busy school office (knowledge of SIMS/FMS desirable but not essential)
• Is a good communicator, organised and has effective interpersonal skills.
· Is resilient and a determined team player
· Has excellent written and oral communication skills, use of initiative and organisational skills
· Is motivated and energetic.
We encourage informal visits to the school. Please email the school business manager email@example.com or phone the school office to make an appointment.
Whilst previous experience in a school office is preferred, candidates with strong transferable skills would be considered.
St Mary’s is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post requires an enhanced DBS check.
For further details and an application pack, please see the ‘vacancies’ tab on our website. Please note only applications submitted on a CES application form will be accepted. Applications should be returned electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be returned by post to our school address.
Closing date: Thursday, 15th April 2021(12:00 noon)
Interview date: Wednesday 28th April, 2021