Full Time 37 Hours
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Intelligence manager to join an organisation that is putting data at the heart of everything we do. Following a recent investment in the team, we are looking to further leverage our data assets to support the council’s transformation programme, driving improvement and change across the organisation through the provision of high quality insight.
You will lead a children’s social care analytics team. You will have an inquisitive, analytical mind with an interest in understanding the story behind the data. You will have experience of elements of business intelligence; understanding requirements linked to data extraction/transformation, data analysis and visualisation plus supporting customers with interpretation.
As a BI manager you’ll lead a team focused on developing and delivering the analytical requirements for children’s services, through the development and provision of operational, management and executive dashboards to supporting strategic needs assessments that inform the commissioning of services.
You’ll bring solid experience in turning data into actionable insight and translating complex analysis into plain English for customers and senior stakeholders.
Specifically, you’ll bring:
• Experience of leading the development of insight products that drive improvement and transformational change in children’s social care
• Technical skills with the ability to support the team and be hands on when required, querying large and sometimes complex data sources
• Experience of using reporting, business intelligence and data analytics software (e.g. Tableau)
• Strong communication skills with the ability to translate complex information into plain English
• The ability to engage staff at all levels in the use and benefits of business intelligence and data analytics
• An adaptable approach with an ability to pick things up quickly
We would particularly like to hear from candidates with experience in children’s social care analysis.
We’re offering a permanent job with flexible working options, car lease scheme, good salaries, paid holiday and generous pension – in an organisation that has the scale and ambition to create career opportunities for talented people.
The successful applicant will be employed on a contract that is generic across all Council Corporate and Support Services, providing significant career opportunities across a range of service areas.
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity