Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 530pm, 1 in 4 Saturdays, Saturdays 930am to 3pm
Work as a member of Cash and Carry Front of House Team
- Ensure that all customers receive an excellent level of customer service.
- Try to go the ‘extra mile’ for all customers.
- Operate the cash and carry opening and closing procedure.
- Operate tills accurately and quickly.
- Advise customers on most suitable and correct products.
- Try to achieve suitable add on sales eg bins with lids etc.
- Take full responsibility for ‘to order’ items ie Ordering items, communicating with the customer and supplier re delivery dates and times.
- Be willing to complete your customer’s sale and stay with the customer after usual closing times to do this. This time will be paid.
Other Cash and Carry duties
- Code Stock and note, action any discrepancies and stock shelves as necessary.
- Ensure that aisles are consistently well stocked and are always neat and tidy.
- Pick cash and carry orders to correct times ensuring that they are ready for the customer to collect.
- Assist in maintaining the cash and carry showroom.
- Merchandise items in an attractive manner to optimize sales.
- Constantly update your product knowledge by attending training sessions and by questioning Reps and Managers on products.
- Assist in maintaining the security of Cash and Carry.
- Observe customers and ensure that retail area is manned wherever possible.
- Assist in other departments as required
- Assist with annual stock-take (which may involve working a weekend)
- Relating to Customers - Great Customer Service Skills
- Dependable - Meets Cash & Carry, Show room & Customer expectations, highly organises own time effectively and creates own work schedules. Prioritises and prepares in advance. Sets realistic time-scales.
- Team Working– Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them in all situations. Working effectively within team, other employees and with Customers. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organisation.
- Product knowledge - background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has expertise in own area and/ or is able to demonstrate a willingness to learn.