Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as a nursery assistant meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- A high quality of care for each child
- Create an atmosphere where children can learn through group activities and ensure that they develop their skills socially and educationally
- Support colleagues in nursery time and end of day duties
- Ensure the nursery and surrounding areas are clean and tidy
- Awareness of the nurseries confidentiality policy
- Carry out duties in compliance with the nurseries equal opportunities policy
- Attend a number of activities including training days, staff meetings, seasonal parties etc.
- To be aware of sections 7 & 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act
A minimum of 5 GCSEs A - C ( 9 - 4 ) including Maths and English are required.
Once accepted, each Childcare Apprentice will have to go through a DBS Check. Experience in working with children would be beneficial.
- A high interest in Childcare
- Ability to work under pressure
- Can work with both children and adults
- Be highly responsible
After completion of the Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship, the possibility of a full time role may be offered.
Full training will be provided by face to face tutor visits, online resources etc. Our 360 Apprenticeships are completely work based learning and full training will be provided.