Cleaning Operative - Bramhall High School
No. of Vacancies: 2
Location: Bramhall High School, Stockport SK7 2JT
Salary: £9.30 per hour
Hours: 15 hours per week Mon-Fri 15:00pm-18:00pm
At Totally Local Company we have an exciting opportunity to join our Cleaning Team, based at Bramhall High School.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable people with good communication skills. You will need to be a good team worker with good organisational skills. Previous experience is desirable but not essential.
- To undertake a full range of cleaning tasks, this will include cleaning, washing of walls, furniture, and fittings, sweeping, suction cleaning, floor buffing, toilet cleaning, emptying and cleaning of waste receptacles, and fixtures and fittings in designated sites.
- To undertake all cleaning tasks to the required standards and frequencies as to the agreed cleaning specification.
- To use all equipment, machinery and cleaning materials effectively, efficiently and in accordance with safe working practices.
- To report any faults with equipment, machinery or the building itself, to the on site supervisor or Area Manager describing fully the nature of the faults.
- To participate in staff training programmes and to carry out all duties in a responsible manner with due regard to the Authority’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To maintain good working relationships with clients and deal with any minor queries or complaints, and to relay any significant customer issues to the on site supervisor or Area Manager for further action
- To undertake such other duties related to the work of the section appropriate to the post, as may be required.
- Checking of all electrical equipment prior to use, i.e. plugs and cables and reporting any faults to the Site Supervisor or Area Manager.
- Preparing of cleaning solutions for use in buckets, mop buckets or spray bottles, following manufacturers recommendations.
- Emptying and wiping out waste receptacles depositing waste into black refuse sacks, to be taken to main waste bin / skip area or pick point on site.
- Hygienic cleaning of toilet areas including toilet bowls, basins, urinals, walls and floors.
- Hygienic cleaning of kitchen areas, including sinks, surrounds and floors.
- Cleaning of classrooms corridors and stairs including sweeping hard floor surfaces, vacuuming carpet areas and mopping or buffing hard floor surfaces.
- Cleaning of office areas and lounges including vacuuming carpets, sweeping, mopping or buffing hard floor surfaces.
- Dusting and polishing ledges, accessible shelving, and wood type desks (clear desk policy).
- Wiping down tables, spot cleaning walls and wiping telephones.
- Cleaning internal glass.
- Machine stripping and polishing hard floor surfaces.
- Machine stripping and re-sealing wood type surfaces.
- Machine Scrub clean safety floor surfaces.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role.
NB: Please note weekly tasks maybe performed more frequently at the discretion of the cleaner or at the request of the Head Teacher or Building Manager and a variation would be issued to increase costs and frequencies.
About Totally Local Company
Totally Local Company offers dedicated teams to support your facility management and make your life easier.
Working with private and public sector businesses in the Greater Manchester areas, we work closely with our customers to engage and listen to your needs. On understanding your brief, we will respond with effective, professional and innovative solutions.
Our expertly trained teams will carry out all jobs to the highest of standards, in a professional and friendly manner. As part of their role and training, they will also make your account manager aware of any extra work they believe your business needs or anything you need to be aware of, such as winter maintenance, external lighting or new signage.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our staff. We are also fully focused on providing quality services for our customers whilst creating and preserving a cleaner, greener environment. This is reflected in our certifications to OHSAS18001:2007, ISO14001:2015, and ISO9001:2015.