Initial training will take place at our Cheadle head office.
Following the induction, working from home may be an option.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the complaints manager in implementing a world class complaints management process
- To adhere to the implementation of complaints policies and procedures
- Handling a large portfolio of vehicle insurance complaints in a fast-paced environment by managing priorities and time effectively
- To find ways of improving efficiencies and effectiveness of processes
- To review and investigate complaints bringing them to a satisfactory close within the agreed SLA’s
- To promote governance development within and provide feedback to the department heads
- To ensure the effective management of complaints in line with regulatory bodies ensuring adherence to the framework providing responses that address the complainant’s concerns
- Ensure that maintenance of a company-wide complaints reporting and tracking system
- Appropriately escalating complaints to the Complaints Manager
- Liaison with the Financial Ombudsman Service when customers have complained to them directly
- Working to strict targets which apply to both quality and productivity
- Deliver excellent customer services at all times
- Writing bespoke final response letters &/or emails to the customer
- Recording complaint details accurately on all relevant systems and databases
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of working within complaints in an FCA regulated environment
• Demonstrable complaint handling experience
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Excellent telephony skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-skill
• Strong numeracy and written communication skills
• Familiar using in-house databases such as Proclaim
• Demonstrable motor claims experience
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Strong completer/finisher
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands ensuring key priorities and deadlines are met through effective time management
- Ability to assess and make effective decisions under pressure in complex situations
- To work positively and inclusively with all colleagues, customers and business partners to promote a workplace that values equality and diversity
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out in the company
What can we offer you?
Here at Freedom Group, we offer a friendly and inclusive working environment. Joining our team as a complaints handler, you will be offered a competitive basic salary of up to £20,000 and a great range of benefits including private health care, reward and discounts, flexible working environment with the potential for home working to name a few!
If you want to be part of the future of Freedom Group, we want to hear from you!