Freedom Services are looking for a developer to join our growing IT team.
Offering motor insurance and claims services to consumers since 1999, we’re currently rebuilding our tech stack with the goal of helping customers do what they need to easier.
We’re taking full advantage of AWS, with a serverless led architecture, taking advantage of Lambda, DynamoDB and CloudFormation technology to support that, with a move to continuous deployments, as well as using Amazon AI technology including Lex to help improve our customer journeys across web portals, text message and the phones.
As common in any platform redesign, there will be existing applications to support in order to support the business during this process.
Every day you’ll be:
- Creating and improving applications used by consumers and internal business users
- Developing APIs
- Leading by example in test driven and pair programming
- Helping make car insurance easier for customers
You should apply if:
- You’ve got commercial experience working in a team developing software solutions
- Experience using the AWS toolkit, with a preference on Lambda and CloudFormation
- Experience using source control and managing branches efficiently
- Keen learner and interested in sharing knowledge with others
Bonus points (but not essential):
- Experience in a strongly typed language such as Go
- Provide examples of your work (Github, Codepen)
Logistics and the interview process
Our offices are based in Eden Point, Cheadle, with flexible working available on completion of probation.
Our interview process typically involves a phone interview followed by a Teams meeting due to Covid 19.