Domestic Assistant, Disley
£8.85 per Hour
Closing Date: 16th December
About the Role
The Domestic Assistant is part of the care team and as such works with other staff and maintains a clean and safe environment for all Service Users and staff.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Ensure the Home’s furniture, furnishings and fittings are sufficiently clean.
- Ensure all surfaces of floors, walls and ceilings are sufficiently clean.
- Clean carpets when necessary.
- Empty wastebaskets and yellow/black bins daily ensuring that waste is disposed of safely in line with the requirements.
- Clean all internal windows monthly.
- Clean all bedrooms thoroughly once a week on a rota basis. Ensure that the communal areas are cleaned daily.
- Ensure all sinks, en-suites, bathrooms and toilets are cleaned daily.
- Chemicals must be stored in line with the COSHH requirements.
- Re-stock paper products and dispensers.
- Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
- Demonstrate care and compassion.
- Team player.
- Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox – a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprentership opportunities available
Bowerfield Court is a luxurious care facility from Maria Mallaband that is dedicated towards looking after people who require Nursing & Residential Care, with en suite bedrooms all suitable for occupants with mobility problems. As well as being a friendly and attentive care service, Bowerfield Court is convenient as a care location for being situated close to local amenities and public transport links, together with two National Parks that residents can enjoy on organised activities days. This modern care facility is elegantly furnished and dedicated to provide a good example of how to practice expert care for many years to come.
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We’re an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group