Street Lighting & Sign Maintenance (Design)
About Stockport Council
We know that you hear the words ‘Borough Council’ and Technology and imagine old, complex and clunky systems.
At Stockport Council, we are changing that. We are building our own capabilities and developing agile technical solutions that actually work for us.
We have a collaborative agile environment, with a great culture, experienced staff and work across the business to deliver value to Stockport citizens.
We are seeking to appoint an Engineer with some street lighting design experience that can also work with a GIS system to support delivery projects. We are part way through an LED retrofit and highway investment programme across the borough. The post holder will assist with data capture, GIS mapping, street lighting designs and highway projects. Assisting the team on routine maintenance/planned programme activities.
We are looking for applicants who are willing to learn new skills and develop their knowledge in this area. The successful applicant will show evidence of the following qualities:-
• A general awareness of the Street Lighting design process
• Knowledge of street lighting and highway scheme delivery
• Ability to work with Contractors and Utility companies
• Respond effectively to enquiries and complaints
• Have a basic understanding of lighting and sign design specification and materials used
• Ability to work with a GIS system, capture data and produce reports
• General awareness of CDM Regulations
• General understanding of street lighting mains supplies
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Working as part of the Network Asset Maintenance service you will be involved in the following:
• LED Retro-fit designs and project delivery
• Street Lighting/Highway improvement schemes including town centre developments
• Lighting designs for residential and commercial developments
• Updating asset / inventory information in our management systems
• Presentation of asset data using GIS mapping
Software we’re using:
• Applications: Lighting Reality, AutoCAD
• Database: Pitney Bowes - Confirm System, Confirm Mobile
• Mapping Information: QGIS
• Other: Microsoft Office 365
• Contribution to Pension Scheme
• 37 hour working week
• 23 days holiday to start
• Flexible working scheme
• Employee discounts
Stockport Council - Valuing Diversity