Purpose of the Role:
We are currently recruiting for a Goods In/ FLT Driver to receive, store and pick goods to then transfer to our Stockport site. You will be responsible for the logging in and movement of bulk goods on pallets, ensuring that they are stored and stacked in a safe, efficient and orderly manner.
- Marshalls the Loading/Unloading of deliveries including courier, internal stock transfers and LGV & HGV deliveries.
- Accepts deliveries of goods in line with receiving goods procedures, including the checking off loads to and from Cheadle warehouse.
- Maintains accurate records in relation to movement and storage of goods and ensure stock returns are dealt with quickly and any delivery/ yard concerns are promptly reported to the Goods-In Supervisor.
- Replenishes stock in bulk locations, bails compactors, wraps pallets and coordinates the removal and collection of waste as well as red/ brown/ damaged pallets in a prompt and regular manner.
- Works safely, is alert to maintaining own and others safety and is considerate to the working environment by maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including operating warehousing equipment where trained and authorised to do so, for example, picking and packing.
- Ensure compliance to standards in respect of all company requirements and with all company policies, rules and procedures at all times.
- Full valid Fork Lift Truck; in both VNA (Man Down, desirable) and FLT Counter Balance (Essential).
- Full Valid Vehicle Banks Man Certificate (Desirable).
- GCSE Maths & English, or equivalent.
- A sound understanding of the distribution process and how this impacts on work duties.
- Excellent attitude to health & safety.
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required.
- Able to rapidly learn new tasks and quickly retain information to memory.
Key Personal Behaviours:
- Agility & willing – works effectively, efficiently & multi-tasks;
- Achieving Quality – gets it right first time, methodical, tidy & well organised;
- Teamwork – is a team player and able to communicate to all levels staff/ visitors/ drivers;
- Self-motivated and develops self – takes initiative without prompting & confident to address non-compliance with yard procedures.