Housing Support Worker
Job Reference: 38900
Posted: Wednesday 9th June 2021
Closing Date: Thursday 24th June 2021
Up to £9.10 per hour
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are looking to recruit warm and person centred Housing Support Workers in the Wythenshawe area to provide the highest standards of care to individuals within our Young Person’s Scheme, which supports people with mental health needs.
This opportunity is perfect for someone who is interested in an exciting career in mental health, where you are assisted in developing your skills as a Support Worker and building on your qualifications. We are looking for someone who is approachable and warm and able to connect with the young adults we support at our Wythenshawe service.
Our Housing Support Workers help young people to:
• Understand their tenancy responsibilities
• Live alongside others and accept the differences in people
• Develop their own awareness and skills
• Reflect on their lives and plan for the future
• Find positive move on in housing and in life
• Improve their relationships
• Achieve their potential
The service is situated in Wythenshawe South Manchester, with good transport links and a range of local amenities close to the service. Bus services and metro links are within a few minutes waking distance.
Experience of providing care and support to individuals with mental health needs is desirable but not essential. We value a desire and commitment to work alongside young people, promoting positive change in their lives and helping them to achieve their aspirations.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours teams
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS