You will also be assisting with the building a number of gaming computers. Experience in building towers and computer monitors would be advantageous.
You may also be involved in the following:
- PC and Laptop Support
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware issues, across a wide range of systems including Windows and Mac
- Readily investigating into new software and hardware technologies operating systems.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment
- Assist with the expansion of the companies network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment
- Routine administration including data backups, Active Directory and Office 365
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading
- To support staff with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables
Minimum of 5 GSCEs Grade 9 - 4 including English and Maths
- A strong interest in IT systems and hardware maintenance.
- An interest in both Mac and PC environments (experience is a bonus)
- Knowledge of Software and Hardware would be advantageous
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the transferable skills means many job opportunities including: