Duties and Responsibilities
For this IT Support Apprenticeship, you duties will include:
- To assist our experienced IT technicians in the day-to-day running of our own computer systems
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to Antar’s customers adhering to set
- SLA’s, recording all reported problems and resolutions using our Help Desk system
- To install, configure and maintain computer hardware
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrades
- Working alone with minimum supervision
- Maintaining customer and internal documentation
- Keeping abreast of latest technological developments in both hardware and software
- Installation, configuration and support of telephony systems
You will also help in a number of duties that will also include:
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- To attend and participate actively in meetings as required
- Undertake such other duties as reasonably correspond with the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
- Updating social media platforms as and when required
A Minimum of 5 GSCEs Grade A - C (9 - 4) including English and Maths are required.
A - Levels A - C would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of software systems including C/C++, LabView and Java.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Great troubleshooting skills
The right apprentice will be working towards a highly recognised level 3 qualification. After completion of the IT Support Apprenticeship, a full time position may be offered.
Our training provider is one of the leading IT Apprenticeship training providers in the North West. A tutor will come to the workplace and work with you on a one - to - one basis, and help you towards completing you Level 3 advanced IT Support qualification.