Job reference: NWT-SBX-003554
Location: Stockport Bakery
Closing date: 11/08/2021
Job start date: 12/07/2021
Employment type: Permanent
Department: AB STOCKPORT
Employer: Allied Bakeries
Hours per week: 42.00
We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads that offer delicious options to suit every family member - and our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, wraps and other delicious bakery products are pretty great too.
We are expanding our operation at our site in Stockport so if you want to work with great people and make fantastic products then we want to hear from you.
If you have experience of working in a food manufacturing environment, have a passion for baking that you would like to turn into a career or maybe you are looking for a new exciting challenge then why not apply for a role with us.
We’re looking for people who will live our values, love a challenge and will go the extra mile to make things happen. It’s a fast paced pressurised environment, but if you’ve got the right attitude, it’s very rewarding and highly satisfying. It’s where opportunity goes to work.
The main function of these roles is to safely and efficiently operate, as instructed, bakery plant and equipment. You will be working as part of a team whose aim is to achieve targeted performance, customer satisfaction and quality standards. It is expected that the jobholders will positively contribute to the team environment and seek out development and learning opportunities to further their knowledge and skills. Hours of work will be based on a rotating shift pattern to cover across a 24-hour operation, flexibility will be required.
• Engages in the Safety-First culture and compliance with AB internal policies and procedures
• To deliver product quality to required standards
• To contribute to the delivery of a production plan
• Ensure that their own, development and training needs are identified. Participate in the proactive environment of learning
• To actively participate and contribute in the sharing of Best Practice within manufacturing
• There is an expectation that any employee within AB demonstrates a flexible and can-do approach to their work and may on occasion be required to take part in other areas of the business, to provide resource and expertise as required but also to give the individual opportunity to develop their own skill base and broader knowledge.
Experiences and Qualifications:
• Demonstrate a good level of Health and Food Safety awareness
• Numerical, reading and information recording skills.
• Attention to detail
• An in-depth understanding and application of food hygiene/GMP/ (ABSS standards)
• Understanding of the baking process
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (CIEH Level 2) IOSH or equivalent
• Ability to demonstrate basic engineering competencies/mechanical empathy
• Understanding of Continuous Improvement techniques
• Computer Literate (understanding and interaction with HMI screens)
Our employees’ safety, health and wellbeing is important to us – we want everyone to go home after a day’s work in the same state as they arrived – our positive health and safety culture is one where people work together to make safety part of everything we do – we promote and support health and wellbeing so that people have the physical and mental capability to satisfy their own working needs as well making their personal contribution to the success of the business.