Midday Assistants x 3
St. James Road
Tel:0161 432 1931
7.5 hours per week, 1.5 hours per day over lunch time
Salary Scale 3 point 5-6 £9.74 – £9.94 P/H (Actual Salary £3,229)
Permanent, term time only
Closing Date: 15 July 2020
Three Midday Assistants are required to work at Heaton School – Stockport’s Secondary Special School for young people with Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple learning difficulties, Autism and Complex Medical Needs.
Our school is well established in the local area of Heaton Moor and is a very strong community of children and young people, families, staff and partners.
We are committed to providing high quality inclusive education for all our young people within a caring, creative and dynamic environment.
Our students are aged 11 – 19 and there are 101 pupils on roll and we have a Post 16 department for pupils aged 16-19 years.
The post entails
· Supporting a wide range of youngsters, including those with sensory impairment or behaviour associated with autism, over the lunch time and in classes.
· Supporting students to select and eat appropriate food as independently as they can with guidance from school staff
· Liaise with the feeding and swallowing disorders (Dysphagia) specialist working in school.
· Encouraging students to socialise appropriately at this time in the day through modelling consistent strategies as directed from class staff.
· Ensuring the dining area is set up and clean when afternoon lessons begin.
There may be opportunities for the successful applicant to undertake more casual paid work in the school and at after school clubs and the holiday club. This post will be subject to staff achieving enhanced DBS clearance and a there is a rigorous safeguarding policy at the school. Applications should be returned to the Head Teacher preferably by email on email@example.com
Closing date: 15 July 2020 12.00pm
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.