LAURUS TRUST – ‘Whatever it takes’
Job Title: Numeracy Specialist
Scale:6 £24,799 – £26,317 Actual salary £20,021 – £22,308 per rata per annum
Hours: 37 per week, term time only
Location: Hazel Grove High School
Start Date: September 2020
Closing Date: 9am on 12th July 2020
Interview Date: 16th July 2020
To apply please cut and paste the following URL into your preferred web browser ( CV’s will not be accepted);
We are looking for an individual to join the Laurus Trust family. The ideal candidate will need the following knowledge and experience:
• Sound educational background including GCSE Maths and English (A*-C)
• Experience of working with young people who are vulnerable and/or who have special educational needs
• Experience of delivering to deadlines and achieving set targets to a high standard
• Experience of allocating and prioritising workload effectively to gain maximum productivity
• Strong IT Skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, SIMS, Excel, Word and Outlook
The Laurus Trust is a growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England.
The vision of the Trust is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds.
Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS) is the founder school of the Laurus Trust and was judged Outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015. A training school for thirteen years and a Teaching School for a further six, CHHS is also home to the Altius Alliance centre of excellence providing School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) for teachers of students aged 11-16, judged Outstanding in 2017. In 2016, Gorsey Bank Primary School (GB), a high performing primary school based in Wilmslow, joined the Trust.
The Trust has opened four brand new free schools – Cheadle Hulme Primary School (CHPS), Laurus Cheadle Hulme (LCH), Laurus Ryecroft (LR) and the most recent in September 2019, Didsbury High School (DHS). The Laurus Alternative Provision School is in the pre-opening phase and Hazel Grove High School (HGHS) joined the Trust in September 2019.
Everyone in the Laurus Trust family play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust. Support staff work tirelessly to ensure all services run smoothly and efficiently, enabling our teaching staff to focus on delivering an outstanding education for our students.
If you are a passionate and committed individual just starting your career or you are looking to build on existing skills and want to work in a highly progressive and successful organisation, committed to growth and opportunities for all, then we want to hear from you.
At the Laurus Trust, it is not just about what we do but also about how we do it. Our core behaviours detailed below provide guidance on the expectations we have of our staff. It is essential that any employee joining the Trust is able to demonstrate some or all of these behaviours on a regular/daily basis:
Ø Adaptable – Open to change, to be flexible
Ø Courageous – Willing to speak up, offer ideas, challenge the norm
Ø Hard Working – Strong work ethic, prepared to go the extra mile
Ø Inclusive – Treat others fairly and equally
Ø Engaged – Involved/absorbed in your work, participate at all times
Ø Value – Add value to your role, your team and the Trust
Ø Enquiring – Have an enquiring mind, curious, improve and find solutions
Ø Motivated – Pro-active, wanting to achieve goals, willingness to try, can do attitude
Ø Encouraging – Giving/offering support and confidence to others, working together
Ø Navigator – Providing guidance, leading when necessary
Ø Tenacious – Perseverance, never giving up, whatever it takes
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all times and expects all staff to share this commitment.
In return for your commitment, we have a wide range of employee benefits available to all our staff to contribute towards improving their well-being. We are always looking at ways in which we can improve our offering to ensure the benefits are valued by our staff. Our benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• 31 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata) – increasing with length of service
• A proactive approach to flexible – we are a family friendly organisation
• State of the art school facilities and new Trust HQ offices
• Subsidised nursey in Cheadle Hulme
• Children of Staff have priority in the admissions oversubscription process (subject to availability)
• Pension scheme with excellent employer contributions
• Death in service pension benefits
• Occupational Health Support including a Wellbeing App
• A Health and Wellbeing strategy including targeted Health Promotion Initiatives
• Enhanced Family Leave
• Cycle Loan Scheme
• Occupational sick pay with service
• Staff development programme and investment in professional qualifications
• Employee Assistance Partner
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Free Flu jabs
• Health & Wellbeing Champions and trained Mental Health First Aiders in every school
Please base the evidence in your application on the knowledge and experience of the role as described in the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made.
To apply for this job please visit www.grassroots-recruitment.online.