Groundwork Greater Manchester is a registered charity, mobilising community action on poverty and the environment across the region.
We're recruiting a Project Officer to lead the establishment of an exciting new service called the Trafford Working Wardrobe. Working with a range of partners in the public, private and voluntary sector, the role will involve:
- Sourcing donations of high quality clothing, shoes and accessories from a network of retail and other business partners as well as members of the public
- Providing unemployed residents with a full interview outfit, with accompanying personal styling and tailored job interview preparation advice
- Running interview preparation workshops with groups of people looking for work
We have secured initial funding for 2 years to establish and deliver the service, so the role will involve proving effectiveness of the concept and working with our Head of Employment & Enterprise to secure long term funding and investment for the service and job role.
This role is all about your personality more than your experience - if you're kind, empathetic, compassionate and an energetic multi tasker excited about getting a new project off the ground helping disadvantaged people into employment then we want to hear from you!
Location - field based throughout Trafford and head office in Ashton-under-Lyne. Driving license required.
Main purposes of the post:
- Day to day management of the Trafford Working Wardrobe project to ensure high quality service is provided for all service users and that all funder requirements are met
- Line management of Project Assistant and volunteers
- Co-ordinate sourcing, selecting, cleaning and storing of all clothing, shoes and accessories
- Manage day to day relationships with retail partners and donors of clothing to ensure that supply of sufficient stock is constantly maintained
- Provide personal styling support to assist customers in selecting outfits for interview and starting work
- Deliver interview skills training sessions for groups of adults and young people to maximise chances of interview success
- Build partnerships with employers and maintain knowledge of local labour market to build picture of employer needs and recruitment strategies and sustained pipeline of job opportunities
- Experience of engaging, coaching and progressing disadvantaged adults or young people
- Experience of working with a range of employers to satisfy their recruitment needs
- Sound knowledge of the local labour market and the skills needed to apply for vacancies
- Up-to-date knowledge of private and public sector employers in Greater Manchester
- Experience of supervising staff or volunteers
- Local knowledge of Trafford and retail experience would be advantageous
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
- Full driving licence
- Kind and compassionate with an empathy towards the issues faced by vulnerable groups of people
- A self starter and multi-tasker, able to hit the ground running with a new project and make it your own
- Strong motivation, customer service and organisational skills
- Effective communicator through social media, with experience of using organisational or community social media accounts
- Proven sales and pitching skills
- Competent in use of databases, spreadsheets, and other IT applications
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate your own and others workload and work using initiative
- Able to work outside of normal office hours within a flexi time / time off in lieu system
- This role may be subject to a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to our recruitment partner Robert Ward at Search for Good, demonstrating your passion for the project and how your personality matches the requirements. We intend to commence the interview process as soon as we have suitable candidates so please submit your interest asap.