Revenues and Benefits Administration Assistant
£19,312 - £19,698
Full time – Temporary 12-month contract
Location: Stopford House, Stockport (Currently working from home)
Stockport Council’s Revenues and Benefits department is a fast paced and interesting place to work. The successful candidate will be working within an ambitious team providing an important service to the residents and businesses of Stockport.
The Council is committed to staff development, providing numerous training opportunities as well as career progression.
You will be required to maintain Council Tax, Business Rates and Business Improvement District (BID) accounts. This work will involve responding to customer enquiries and maintaining customer records to ensure that accounts are kept up to date, whilst maintaining a high standard of customer service.
If you don’t have any knowledge of these areas, we will help you to develop the skills and experience you already have with our internally delivered full training package.
You will have the following attributes:
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal with a wide range of customers and work well with other team members and services
• Effective organisational skills
• Ability to work accurately to deadline
• Ability to work flexibly to support the team’s core work and other objectives
• Experience of collating data and information
Due to current COVID19 restrictions the recruitment and selection process will take place remotely. Once in post, the successful candidates will be provided with full training and support which may also be delivered virtually.
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council - Valuing Diversity