Whitehill Primary School
Whitehill Street West
Heaton Norris, Stockport
Telephone: 0161 480 2142
Headteacher: Mr Steven Hall
Site Manager – Whitehill Primary School
Salary: £10.41-£11.27 per hour
Salary Grade: NJC Scale 4, Points 7-11
Working Pattern: Part time, Full Year
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent Post
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd November 2020 @ 9am
Interview Date: Tuesday 10th November 2020
Site Manager required to start as soon as possible
Whitehill is a GOOD school with our pupils being at the heart of everything that we do. We are looking for a hardworking Site Manager to join our site management team.
Leaders have high expectations of everything we do in school and this includes ensuring that our children have a safe and clean environment to learn, grow and play in.
The role of Site Manager is key in supporting the effective teaching and learning in school. On a day-to-day basis your job is to ensure the smooth running of the school premises. This will include a whole range of activities, with no two days being the same. Therefore, flexibility is essential in this role.
The successful candidate must have a clear understanding of the importance of their role. We are looking for someone who takes great pride in their work, pays attention to detail, has a lot of common sense and wants to provide a safe, well-maintained environment for all our children and staff to work in. The ability to work systematically, identify issues and use initiative to solve problems is essential.
You will be an integral part of a highly effective team who have high expectations of themselves and others.
The successful candidates will:
• Show a commitment to the ethos of Whitehill Primary School and its values and aim to provide the best learning environment for our pupils.
• Promote and maintain a culture of high expectations for self and others.
• Be self-motivated and can take the initiative to deal with issues as they arise.
• Be energetic and flexible.
• Have the ability to manage day to day cleaning staff with support from the School Business manager.
• Have previous experience of being a caretaker/site manager, or have transferable skills.
• Have knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
• Act as a key holder, including call out for the alarm or for any work being carried out by contractors.
• Have ability to keep clear and accurate records.
In return, we can offer you:
• A welcoming friendly school where everyone is valued;
• A supportive and knowledgeable Leadership Team and Governing Body;
• A challenging yet rewarding position with a structured and comprehensive induction programme and a commitment to continued professional development and support.
Total working hours will be 35 hours per week, full year. Holiday entitlement will be 22 days per year. Working hours may vary depending on the needs of the school, however, typical hours will be as follows:-
Monday: 6.30 – 9:30am & 2pm – 6pm
Tuesday: 6.30 – 9:30am & 2pm – 6pm
Wednesday: 6.30 – 9:30am & 2pm – 6pm
Thursday: 6.30 – 9:30am & 2pm – 6pm
Friday: 6.30 – 9:30am & 2pm – 6pm
Informal visits to the school or telephone conversations can be arranged through our school business manager, Mrs Amy Nuttall.
The application forms and an information pack are available to download from here.
Completed forms should be returned to the school via firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school address above. Please ensure that applications are clearly marked for the post you are applying for.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Stockport Council – Valuing diversity