*Site Planning Lead*
Make a positive impact, in a team where it means more
In Operations, we have a big ambition - to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out of the box thinking.
Here you can feel a strong connection to the patient. It's what drives us every day. We are united behind one mission - finding the best solution to put our patients first. Play a critical role in making this happen, delivering our innovative medicines all the way until they reach our patients. Adapt and innovate at pace
Sourcing and Supply within UK Operations manages the material flow through the factory, enabling our packaging and processing areas to produce stock for customer orders. Post manufacture, the department also manages all product storage and shipment to over 100 countries globally. Divided into a number of departments, the function plans all aspects of the manufacturing process, liaising closely with our procurement team, inbound and outbound warehouses, line support teams and customer and distributor liaison. It is therefore vital that systems are managed and controlled in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Reporting into the Head of Sourcing & Supply, the Site Planning Lead is a member of Sourcing and Supply Leadership team and will drive the supply strategy within their sphere influence with UK Ops, and colleagues in the Global functions.
The Site Planning Lead is responsible for the definition and design of the End to End supply chain on site for one of our an oncology drugs, and flow or products manufactured by PET (Process Execution Team) Packing at UK Operations. Evaluation of demand/supply scenarios, risk management implications and performance choices with associated costs, including cost of goods sold, are part of the accountabilities.
The Site Planning Lead manages a team of Production Planners and Capacity Manager(s). There may also be other technical planning roles in the team to support the site planning process.
Success in the Site Planning Lead role relies on collaboration, project & stakeholder management & leadership capabilities developed through academia and findings/experiences leading local & global team including the team of supply chain professionals.
Ensure the Planners identify optimum planning sequences and scenarios to ensure customers are supplied with product in a cost and time effective manner. Customer service needs to be balanced at all times with Quality and Cost.
* Accountable for an Optimized Production Schedule for given assets and the execution of the plan.
* Accountable for maintaining the site wall-to-wall synchronisation and maintenance of Capacity Master data.
* Point of escalation for Global Planning Team and leads the site input in the Global Supply trade-off decisions.
* Represents Sourcing & Supply in the PET leadership team developing relationships with all key partners.
* Lead, maintain and develop a high level of planning expertise based on the latest SAP enhancements, global planning initiatives and continuous professional development.
* Represents the Site at Global/Regional Network forums, and ensure that the Planning Team are fulfilling the expectations of Global Supply Chain as well as contributing to pro-active improvements, ways of working and the development of processes.
* Accountable for integrity and accuracy for relevant master data in SAP ECC for the assigned assets and associated products and is aligned to the Global standard format.
* Role models compliance with and improvement of global standard ways of working, along with root cause analysis to fully understand compliance failures and the implementation of steps to prevent recurrence.
* Degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering.
* Relevant Experience from complex Supply Chain Environment (Manufacturing, Planning)
* Advanced supply chain (capacity and planning) planning skills
* People management experience
* Digital savvy (data & system minded)
* Understanding of supply chain planning parameters, master data and master data integrity & quality.
* Proficient in using key Lean Tools
* A natural communicator with the ability to build mutual trust, respect, and collaborate among partners
* Proactive attitude and a collaborative problem solver
* Strong influencing skills.
* Confident in effectively presenting to all levels of the organization
* Adaptable and resilient
* Post graduate and/or relevant extracurricular activities
* An understanding of Pharmaceutical GMP principles
* APICS / CSCP or equivalent certification
* Lean / Six Sigma
* Project Management
* Understanding of and contributing to an S&OP process.
* Leadership experience
There are so many fantastic employee benefits that AstraZeneca offer! AstraZeneca can offer you a competitive salary, private healthcare, a fantastic holiday allowance, phenomenal training and development opportunities, and much more.
*So, what's next???*
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good because we can't wait to hear from you!
We welcome your application no later than midnight Thursday 21st October
*Competitive Salary and Benefits*
*Open Date: 13/10/2021*
*Close Date: 21/10/2021*