Systems Lead – Financial Systems
We are seeking an ambitious and skilled individual to join our Financial Systems Team. This is a wide-ranging role that supports the continuous improvement of our current systems and technology and the Council’s ambitious transformation program. You will be a lead in the team supporting business as usual and ongoing development of financial systems and platforms.
You will have experience of Financial Systems support and development covering some of the following areas:
• Income Management
• Financial Ledger
• BACS Payments and Direct Debits
• Interfaces and integration between systems
• Helpdesk system to prioritise workload and manage resource
It is desirable for you to have experience is one or more of the systems that we currently use which are:
• SAP ERP 6.0: FI/CO, SD, AP, AR
• Civica Pay income management system
• PECOS or similar e-Procurement solution
• PTX BACS payment system or similar
Key Tasks will include:
• Supporting the prioritisation and delivery of the teams work as led by the IT Delivery Manager and Business Relationship Manager.
• You will be the key contact for the Financial systems, acting as the lead and being responsible for ensuring that the system is responding to service requirements.
• Working closely with services to identify and implement improved ways of working, keeping aware of upcoming service requirements and automating processes where possible.
• Providing expert technical expertise and advice for customers.
• Line management of the Systems Support Officers
• Coaching and mentoring team members
• Providing expert business knowledge to support system developments.
• Reviewing business requirements, converting functional requirements into IT system specifications and delivering solutions.
• Quality assurance planning, creating test plans and maintaining data integrity
• Project management of complex system changes and schedule and carry out system upgrades where appropriate
• Being the technical lead on system procurement, contracts and account management.
• Developing training plans and roll out system training with support from L&D to ensure the system is utilised to its full potential across services
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity