Great Moor Infant School
Telephone: 0161 483 0242
Headteacher: Yvonne Dobson
Post: Teaching Assistant
Hours: 27.5 hours per week
Salary: NJC Scale 3 £19,650 (actual £12,436)
Contract: Term time only, Fixed term until July 2025
Start date: September 2022
Great Moor Infant School is a happy and popular school at the heart of the community. The school strives to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance, and challenge to be the best they can be.
Our fun and engaging approach, mixed with an invigorating environment and ethos, enables staff and pupils to push boundaries to be successful in all aspects of school life. We value the uniqueness in every child and celebrate this with them. This is mirrored with the staff as every member of our team is valued and can celebrate what makes them unique.
There are 3 classes in each year group.
There are 78 children in reception supported with their development and learning by a large team of 3 Teachers, a Higher level Teaching Assistant and Teaching Assistants work closely together in a large open plan unit.
We also have a 60 place (30 full time equivalent) nursery class.
The school is proud of the strong bonds created with our children and families. This careful development is the product of nurture; our drive to develop the school’s values and truly going the extra mile for our children and families.
This is reflected in our staff team, who have a ‘can do’ approach, care for each other, learn together and work well together as a high performing team. Importantly, we also know how to have fun in what we do.
What we are looking for:
· We are actively seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Teaching Assistant who will form part of our valued team at Great Moor Infant School.
· Your role may include helping to set up provisions and displays, teaching groups, undertaking assessments and observations, organising activities and contributing to planning meetings.
· You will support children with Educational Health Care Plans.
· You will contribute to the development and safeguarding of children.
In order to apply you must have an NVQ3 or equivalent qualification.
We are looking for someone who:
· Delights in being with children, puts the children’s well-being before anything else and has a caring and positive attitude.
· Believes in each and every child and has high aspirations for their achievement.
· Is efficient, well organised and has the skills to communicate and contribute appropriately and effectively to the successful learning of children during their free play and planned activities.
· Has experience of working with young children and has a knowledge of the curriculum.
· Can record accurate and appropriate observations of children’s learning and development.
· Can support the teacher to provide and continuously develop outstanding outdoor learning.
· Able to support the delivery of phonics lessons to groups of children as planned by the class teacher.
· Celebrates diversity and differences in all children and staff and families.
· Contributes to ensure that all children receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
· Will embrace opportunities to further develop themselves as practitioners.
· Enjoys excellent, respectful relationships with parents and carers.
· Has effective oral and written communication skills.
· Enjoy working as part of a successful inclusive team.
· Contribute to the smooth running and daily life of the school.
What we can offer you:
· Happy children who are eager to learn.
· A passionate, forward thinking, positive and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
· Working in a friendly and supportive team within school who are committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all children and staff.
· A friendly and family centred school which is highly regarded within the community.
· A full induction programme.
· Opportunities for Continued Professional Development.
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Monday 4th July noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 5th July 2022
Interviews: Friday 8th July 2022
We really look forward to hearing from you!
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring services.