Transformation Delivery Manager (Climate Action Now)
Hours – Full time
Contract – Temporary for 2 years
Location – Stockport Town Hall / Stopford House / Home Working
Over the course of 2020 we have seen public services, businesses and communities come together to support each other in the face of unprecedented challenges. As we look ahead we want to build on the inspirational collaboration and innovation seen in response to Covid-19 and work with partners, communities and local businesses to shape a hopeful and ambitious future for our Borough.
Working within our Corporate and Support Services (CSS) function you will work as a change manager within our Strategy and Design team and be comfortable working in an agile environment.
The Strategy and Design service is at the heart of the council’s change programme working closely with other services across the council, with partner organisations and local communities to deliver Stockport's key priorities. We are responsible for: the development of strategy; supporting the identification and delivery of innovative new ways of working; ensuring our communities are at the heart of these processes; and measuring and reporting impact.
The role will support the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) and wider strategy and design and data services teams to deliver on our ambitious overarching council transformation programme.
You will support a variety of projects on behalf of either Place Directorate, Children’s Directorate, Adults Directorate or Corporate Support Services Directorate with particular focus on delivering our Climate Action Plan in the first instance, taking responsibility for monitoring and reporting on its progress.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring all teams are engaged at the relevant times and projects are delivered in accordance with Directorate priorities and the overarching transformation programme for the Council.
This role will;
• Support the BRM with delivery of Key Transformation Projects in line with the Directorates overall goals and priorities, contributing to the overarching transformation programme for the Council.
• Lead the delivery of large projects spanning multiple teams, supporting all team members as required.
• Lead and coordinate projects and new initiatives from inception through to delivery.
• To engage and communicate with colleagues at all levels attending project meetings and service meetings as appropriate.
• To develop detailed project plans and manage/coordinate the delivery of them
• Ensure a joined up approach to all project delivery, ensuring all required resources are in place and dependencies across multiple teams are identified and agreed at an early stage.
• Build relationships with all stakeholders
• Attend senior management team meetings as appropriate to provide updates on project progress
• Identify risk to project/ programme delivery and provide suitable solutions/ mitigating actions and recommendations
• Work with the BRM and the team to support clear and transparent roadmaps aligned to business priorities and the transformation programme
• Support services to produce clear business cases for change, incorporating data and contributing to the medium term financial plan
• Contributing to the digital strategy and key delivery role in the overarching council transformation programme
To learn more about the role and for an informal conversation, please contact Lisa Wright on email@example.com
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council - Valuing Diversity