Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Job reference: NWT-SBX-003559
Location: Stockport Bakery
Closing date: 29/07/2021
Job start date: 01/06/2021
Employment type: Fixed Term
Department: Not Specified
Employer: Allied Bakeries
Hours per week: 42.00
We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. We're a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £12.3bn and close to 106,000 employees working in 47 countries.
We currently have a vacancy at our Stockport site for a dynamic self-starter, with a solid background in the vehicle maintenance of heavy and light commercial delivery vehicles. We're looking for someone to maintain our fleet of vehicles to the high of standards to ensure we have a fleet to be proud of out on the roads. All this needs to be done within a safe manner as Safety really is first at Allied Bakeries and is an integral part of all roles.
Reporting to the Vehicle Maintenance Shift Leader, the Vehicle Maintenance Day Shift Technician will work a 4 on, 4 off rotating day shift pattern. The shift commences at 07:00 and ends at 19:00, averaging 42 hours per week.
The primary role will be the completion of all service, diagnostic and repair work to heavy and light commercial vehicles.
• Inspect, prepare and repair all vehicles to VOSA standards
• Accurately maintain vehicle service records
• Be aware of and abide by HSE regulations and SSOW at all times.
• Repair vehicles in a cost-effective manner in line with company budgets
• Store and use chemicals as per COSHH Regulations.
• Meet and accurately record the KPIs associated with VMU.
• Tidy as you go, ensuring work area is tidy and safe and meets the agreed standards in hygiene and housekeeping.
• To wear and use protective clothing as required.
• To carry out duties with due care and attention, using tools provided in a responsible and safe manner. Report any damages to tools to the Team Leader
Skills / Experience
The successful candidate will be qualified to Level 2 City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics or equivalent. They will ideally be a C+E license holder and be able to work as part of a team as well as on their own and possess good written and verbal communication skills.