Evening CAREGiver - 16.15pm - 22.15pm Monday - Friday and alternate weekends (2 days off in the week) or 17.30pm - 22.15pm Monday - Friday and alternate weekends (2 days off in the week)
As a CAREGiver you will provide a variety of non-medical services to support our Clients to remain independent in their own home.
Companionship. An important part of your role, as a visiting CAREGiver, is to provide good company for our clients. You’ll become someone to talk to and someone to listen to. You must treat our clients with dignity, patience and compassion, maintaining client confidentiality at all times
· Home help and running errands – you may provide help with tasks and chores around the home, such as vacuuming or preparing meals. Many of our clients require support getting out and about – you’ll assist them with tasks such as shopping or picking up prescriptions.
· Supporting individuals in their own homes, with their individual needs and requirements, while promoting independence. Each visit typically lasts from 1 hour to a few hours – we do NOT do 15 or 30 minute calls.
· Personal care – you may be expected to help clients with a number of tasks, such as getting into and out of bed, washing, bathing and dressing, or, where necessary, providing continence support.
· Overseeing medication – you may be responsible for helping clients to manage their medication after the appropriate training has been provided
· Sleep ins and waking night are also available.
· Ensuring all client services are delivered to a high standard, and documented within the individual client journal.
· You’ll be expected to travel to clients within our geographical area, so a full valid UK driving license and access to a car is preferable