About us: We are a trusted family business inspiring the Caterer through service, advice, innovation and price since 1868. www.stephensons.com
Working hours: 39.5 hours per week, typically; Monday to Friday 9 – 5:30, 1 in 6 Saturdays 9:30 – 15:00 and 30 min lunch.
- Ensure customer products are packaged appropriately and safely to ensure they arrive with the customer in a saleable state.
- Ensure fragile items are packed with extra care.
- Enter customer details into system and print out labels.
- Ensure correct number of boxes are labelled.
- Liaise with carrier to ensure that all boxes are loaded.
- Assist delivery drivers.
- Liaise with the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that any build-up of packing is identified.
- Operate shredding machine to recycle office paper into packaging material.
- Ensure that the Packing Room is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist in other departments as required
- Assist with annual stocktake (which may involve working a weekend)
- Ensure the box storage is kept tidy and re-order as necessary.
Personal Qualities–You should be able to demonstrate you have the following
- You should be a team player.
- You should be well organised in your work.
- You should be able to work to a high standard of accuracy.
- Great attention to detail.
- Able to work additional hours on request.
- Ideally you will have experience of carrying out stock packing ahead of distribution.
- Able to work in cold/ hot environment – the warehouse is open so in winter it becomes very cold in the packing area. Also very hot during summer periods.