60-1-6 Mentoring from Prince's Trust
60 minutes a week of 1-2-1 mentoring for 6 months
About this Event
Recognizing that the interruption to your education caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has created challenges, the Prince’s Trust has created a new one-to-one mentoring programme to help support you.
- They’ll match you with a trained mentor who will help to motivate you and support you in making informed choices in education, wellbeing and beyond.
- Mentoring will be tailored to your circumstances, so you’ll set goals together and your mentor will provide advice and guidance to help you achieve them.
- You’ll have weekly one-hour sessions with your mentor for six months.
- Your mentoring sessions are completely flexible, so you can schedule them at a time that suits you.
- Your mentor will provide non-judgmental support as you return back to education
When: Flexible start. One-hour of mentoring per week for six months.
Who: For 16-18 year olds in Greater Manchester
This opportunity is open to any young person aged 16 to 18 years old, ready to commit to a 1-hour mentoring session each week. Prince’s Trust are continuously matching young people with mentors, so the course has a flexible start.
With support from your mentor, you will work on topics like: motivation, wellbeing, communication, resilience, working towards achieving goals and support your growth.
Early in December there will be a graduation of all mentor/mentee teams and a celebration. This can hopefully be face-to-face, to celebrate your achievements.
Disclaimer: Your free ticket only registers your interest in this programme. You must have a phone call with a Prince’s Trust Executive to discuss all appropriate information. They will seek to understand your current situation and check your suitability before confirming your place on the course.