Training to work in Social Care
It doesn’t matter about your background or how old you are, if you want to help people there’s a social care job for you. You don’t necessarily need any qualifications or previous work experience to get a job in social care. What’s really important is your values and attitude towards working with people who need care and support.
If you’re new to social care, there are lots of routes into the sector and here’s a summary of some of the training courses available in Stockport to get you started…
Get started in Health & Social Care
Are you aged 18-30? Looking for a job in Health & Social Care?
The Princes Trust, in partnership with GMCA and Sunrise Living, are offering a 3-day employability skills training programme. This includes
- an introduction to life in health and social care, including possible roles and responsibilities
- learning about the values, skills and attitudes required for a job in health and social care
- online CV support and interview advice
- take part in live video interviews for a wide range of entry-level roles
- option for up to 6 months of mentoring support
Pathway into the Care Sector
A Pathway into Social Care Employment, in collaboration with The Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Careers Hub and GMHSCP, during this course you will achieve the following:
- Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 1 Award in Stress Awareness
- WEA / GM Health and Social Care Careers Hub – Preparation to work in Adult Social Care
- You will also have completed 3 voluntary shifts of meaningful work experience within the employer venue
- A guaranteed interview for an employment opportunity
- You will also be given an upto date CV demonstrating your acheivments and work experience
- Full and portable enhanced DBS Check
You will be contacted to complete the WEA enrolment process prior to the start date this includes an adviser 1-2-1 and an initial assessment –appointments will be booked in advance.
Delivery is in 2 parts – Wed-Fri for 6 days over 2 weeks 10am-12pm and 2pm – 4pm Online*, starting Wednesday 10th June – Friday 19th June – and Mon – Fri for 10 days over 2 weeks 10am -12pm and 2pm till 4pm Online* starting Monday 22nd of June until Friday 3rd of July.
If you would like to register, please email MANCHESTERSKILLS@WEA.ORG.UK or call 0161 696 5472