Terms and Conditions for advertisers
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern your agreement with Grassroots Recruitment (the “Agreement”) for your use of the following services on the website currently located at: https://www.stockport-jobsmatch.co.uk (the “Website”):
a. The Advertising Service; and
b. The Jobmatch Service,
each as defined below. The Advertising Service and the Jobmatch Service shall each be a Service and collectively known as the “Services”. These Terms shall apply to all of the Services except for where they are expressly stated to apply to one Service only.
The Advertising Service
2. The advertising service (the “Advertising Service”) is the service provided by Grassroots Recruitment which allows employers and recruiters (or the advertising agency or media buyer for such recruiter) to place and access their advertisements on, and to self-upload recruitment advertisements to, the Website.
3. Advertisements (“Advertisements”) for inclusion on the Website are accepted subject to these Terms and the advertising terms and conditions which are available at: https://www.stockport-jobsmatch.co.uk/advertising-terms-and-conditions (the “Advertising Terms”). In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and the Advertising Terms the Advertising Terms shall prevail.
The Job Match Service
4. The job match service (the “Job Match Service”) is the service provided by Grassroots through which Grassroots will, on behalf of the recruiter, contact suitable candidates, who have supplied their CVs to the GNM Candidate database, with details of an Advertisement placed by the recruiter on the Website.
General Terms Regarding Access to the Services:
5. Grassroots allows you to access each of the Services on the basis that:
a. you are a bona fide recruiter, being either an employer or a recruitment agent acting for a recruiter;
b. you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user of the Services to gain access to or misuse it;
d. if, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these Terms or are abusing the Services in any way, Grassroots may, at its discretion, cancel, suspend or otherwise restrict your access to the Services immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
General Terms Regarding Your Use of the Services:
6. You hereby warrant, represent and undertake to Grassroots that:
a. You will only use the Services and any information you receive under the Services for your recruitment related activities;
b. Except as expressly permitted under these terms you will not sell, sub-licence, sub-contract or rent or any information you receive under the Services in respect of a candidate on the Grassroots Candidate database to a third party provided that advertising agencies or media buyers for recruiters may sell, sub-licence, sub-contract or rent the information they receive under the Services to the specific recruiters who have engaged them ;
c. You will not create a marketing list for either your own use or to sell on to a third party using any information you receive under the Services in respect of a candidate on the Grassroots Candidate database;
d. Your use of the Services will not be prejudicial to the image or reputation of Grassroots, the Website or any other recruiters who use the Website;
e. In relation to obtaining, storing and using any personal data derived from your use of the Services or otherwise in connection with your use of the Services that you are acting as a data controller in your own right and you have complied and will comply with the all applicable laws relating to data protection and privacy including (without limitation) the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), the Data Protection Act 2018, the EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC as implemented in each jurisdiction, and any amending or replacement or equivalent legislation from time to time as well as any guidance issued by the Information Commissioner; and
f. Without prejudice to the provisions of paragraph 6e, you will keep all candidates’ personal information confidential.
General Terms Regarding Your Use of CVs provided to You
7. In respect of CVs provided to you under the Services, you hereby warrant, represent and undertake to Grassroots that you will:
a. not keep candidates’ CVs on your database for longer than is necessary for your recruitment purposes; and
b. delete a candidate’s CV from your database if they request you to delete it, within a reasonable time following such request.
SPECIFIC TERMS RELATING TO THE JOBMATCH SERVICE
Your Use of the Jobmatch Service
8. All Advertisements provided to Grassroots by you under the Jobs Match Service will be only be accepted by Grassroots provided you have complied with the provisions of paragraphs 10 and 11 below.
9. Under the Jobs Match Service Grassroots will send your Advertisement to candidates we have selected on our Grassroots Candidate database who match your specified criteria. Please note that we cannot guarantee that such candidates will respond to your Advertisement.
SPECIFIC TERMS RELATING TO THE ADVERTISING SERVICE
Access to the Advertising Service:
10. Grassroots allows you access to the Advertising Service on the basis that, in addition to the provisions of paragraph 6 above and the Advertising Terms, you will or you will ensure that the advertising agency or media buyer responsible for your advertising will:
a. be responsible for uploading your Advertisements. The publication of any Advertisement remains at Grassroots’s sole discretion and Grassroots reserves the right without liability to you to make additions, amendments or deletions to the content of any Advertisement if such Advertisement is considered to contain any unsuitable material or material which is contrary to these Terms;
b. grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish the Advertisements in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format; and
c. grant Grassroots a royalty-free non-exclusive licence to publish the Advertisements and to use such of your names, trade marks and/or logos as Grassroots may consider necessary in connection with the publication of the Advertisements.
Your Use of the Advertising Services:
11. In addition to the provisions in the Advertising Terms you hereby warrant, represent and undertake to Grassroots that, in addition to the provisions of paragraph 10 above, you will or you will ensure that the advertising agency or media buyer responsible for your advertising will:
a. be responsible for ensuring that all information in relation to any Advertisement is correct including the content of the Advertisement, the duration for which the Advertisements should be available on the Websites and the categorisation of the Advertisement;
b. not request bank details or financial information from jobseekers responding to an Advertisement.
12. In addition to the provisions in the Advertising Terms you hereby warrant, represent and undertake to Grassroots that:
a. the Advertisements are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law or regulation, are not libellous, blasphemous, racially inflammatory, offensive or obscene in any way and do not contravene any third party rights (including without limitation any intellectual property rights);
b. you have or will have obtained prior to uploading any Advertisements all necessary rights, consents, licences, clearances and waivers in relation to the Advertisements (and all content thereof) to enable Grassroots to publish the Advertisements on the Websites and, as between Grassroots and you, you shall be solely responsible for any and all payments due to third parties as a result of such publication;
c. nothing contained in the Advertisements will constitute an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000;
d. all Advertisements submitted by you for publication online will be free of any viruses (meaning any computer code, programming instruction or set of instructions that is intentionally and specifically constructed with the ability to damage, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect computer programs, data files or hardware) and no Advertisement shall cause any adverse effect in the operation of the Websites such that the whole or part of such sites shall be wholly or partially unavailable to users;
e. you will not send directly or indirectly, a cookie (meaning a packet or piece of data or other information sent by a web server to a client device, to be stored on that client device and which is sent back to that web server each time the client device makes additional requests from that web server) to the device of any user of the Website irrespective of whether any such device has been enabled by such user to receive cookies;
f. in relation to an Advertisement the you contracts with the Grassroots as a principal notwithstanding that the you may be acting directly or indirectly for the advertiser as an advertising agent or media buyer or in some other representative capacity;
g. the reproduction and/or publication of the Advertisement by Grassroots as originally submitted or as amended will not breach any contract or infringe or violate any copyright, trademark or any other personal or proprietary right of any person or render Grassroots liable to any proceedings whatsoever;
h. any information supplied in connection with the advertisement is accurate, complete and true;
i. in respect of any Advertisement submitted for publication which contains the name or pictorial representation (photographic or otherwise) of any living person and/or any part of any living person and/or any copy by which any living person is or can be identified, you have obtained the authority of such living person to make use of such name, representation and/or copy;
j. in relation to any investment Advertisement, you are, or its contents have been approved by, an authorised person within the meaning of the Financial Services Act 1986, or the Advertisement is otherwise permitted under that act;
k. the Advertisement complies with the requirements of all relevant legislation (including without limitation the Equality Act 2010 and any subordinate legislation and the rules of statutorily recognised regulatory authorities) for the time being in force or applicable in the United Kingdom.
l. all advertising copy submitted to Grassroots is legal, decent, honest and truthful and complies with the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion and all other relevant codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority.
m. Your advertising copy will be for authentic positions with accurate details and shall not contain “spam” content (overly repeated words to improve search rankings).
n. You will categorize all jobs correctly (Grassroots reserves the right to re-categorize jobs if the chosen categories are deemed as inappropriate).
FURTHER GENERAL TERMS
13. In the event that Grassroots’ publication of the Website is restricted, curtailed or prevented by any applicable law or regulation or any other act or thing beyond Grassroots’ control, Grassroots may terminate this Agreement forthwith (in whole or in part) without prejudice to Grassroots’ right to be paid any monies due as at the date of termination.
14. Grassroots accepts no liability for any delay or disruption whilst using any of the Services or for any loss or damage to your account or any loss or damage caused by any error or technical fault in respect of the transfer of a CV from the Website to you.
15. Grassroots does not guarantee the continued and uninterrupted availability of any of the Services and accepts no liability for any unavailability including without limitation due to technical errors or faults. In any event, Grassroots shall have no liability for any failure or delay affecting the transmission of any Website, in any manner where such failure or delay results from any act, omission, interruption, fault or other condition beyond the reasonable control of Grassroots.
16. Grassroots shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way for any economic losses (including without limitation, loss of revenues or profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), any loss of goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential losses (in each case whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of the parties at the date the order was placed) suffered or incurred by you arising out of or in connection with any matter hereunder.
17. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms shall operate to limit or exclude Grassroots’ liability for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence or for fraud.
18. Candidates are solely responsible for the content of the CVs that they submit to Grassroots. We accept no responsibility for the content of candidate CVs including without limitation any error, omission or inaccuracy.
19. You will indemnify Grassroots and agree to keep Grassroots indemnified on demand against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses or liability (including without limitation any consequential losses or loss of profit and any legal fees) whatsoever arising directly or indirectly as a result of any breach or non-performance or non-observance of any of the representations, warranties or other terms contained herein or implied by law in accordance with these Terms.
20. In addition to Grassroots’s rights under paragraphs 6e and 13 of these Terms, Grassroots may terminate your access to one or all of the Services with immediate effect if you are in material breach of these Terms and you fail to rectify such breach within 7 days of our notifying you of your material breach.
Consequences of Termination
21. Subject to paragraph 22 below, in the event Grassroots terminate your access to the CV Match Service you will or you are in material breach of the Terms and you fail to rectify such breach within 7 days of our notifying you of your material breach:
a. Return all soft and hard copies of candidates’ CVs in your possession and acquired by you from the CV Match Service to Grassroots within 2 days of receiving notification of termination; or
b. At Grassroots’ request destroy all soft and hard copies of candidates’ CVs in your possession and acquired by you from the CV Match Service and provide to Grassroots a certificate of destruction signed by one of your directors confirming such destruction, within 7 days of receiving notification of termination.
22. You will not be subject to the provisions of paragraph 20 in respect of any candidate of which you employ or who sent you his/her CV directly rather than via the tools provided on the Website.
23. As a recruiter with Stockport Jobs Match, your details will be entered onto our customer database. We will use your details to communicate information about Stockport Jobs Match and Grassroots services. If you do not wish to receive information about Stockport Jobs Match services including changes to pricing and processes, you can unsubscribe by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
24. Grassroots are committed to protecting your privacy and comply with the 2018 Data Protection Act. We will not share your details with others without your prior consent.
25. If any term under these Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms which shall remain in full force and effect. If any provision of these Terms is so found to be invalid or unenforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be necessary to make it valid.
26. Except insofar as this Agreement expressly provides that a third party may in his own right enforce a term of this Agreement, a person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of these Terms but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
27. To the extent that the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and/or the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 apply to the Services, Grassroots acts in the capacity of an employment agency. Grassroots will not, however, introduce or supply candidates to you and nor does Grassroots have authority to act on your behalf.
28. These Terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these Terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted. Details of variations will be posted below. You will be deemed to have accepted a variation to these Terms if you continue to use the Website and/or one or more of the Services after a variation has been made.
29. You may not resell, assign at law or in equity (including by way of a charge or declaration of trust), sub-license or deal in any other manner with this contract or any other rights under this contract or sub-contract any and all of its obligations under it or purport to do any of the same. Any attempt to do the foregoing shall result in immediate termination of your right to use the Services, and payment of any and all amounts due hereunder without liability to Grassroots and without prejudice to its other rights and remedies. Any purported assignment in breach of this paragraph shall confer no rights on the purported assignee.
30. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.